Cruelty-Free Silk Sleep Set
100% Cruelty-Free Silk Sleep Set
Silk is proven to be the healthiest and kindest fabric for your hair and face while sleeping. Silk pillowcases and scrunchies allow your hair to naturally slide and absorb much moisture, oils, bacteria and products from hair and face which ultimately helps eliminate hair frizz and breakage and lowers acne buildup.
Includes one of each : Silk tank, silk pj shorts, silk sleep mask, silk scrunchie, silk pillowcase, "silk" soy candle, silk bag
*email firstname.lastname@example.org for mix/match color requests.
Bleach-free, chemical-free, 100% organic and natural.
Shorts run small. Models are wearing a medium and wear a 4-6 in jeans.
Ivory : dye free
Indigo : naturally dyed by hand with ancient indigo. This set will come with an ivory pillow case. All other pieces will be in indigo.
Marigold : naturally dyed by hand with real marigold flowers. This set will come with an ivory sleep mask, all other pieces will be in marigold.
Dye artist is local Kansas City maker, Alyx Jacobs.
About the fabric :
- Rare peace silk - also known as Ahimsa silk - is a process that allows the silkworm to emerge from their cocoon free and happy and complete their natural life cycle. The empty cocoons are then used to produce silk. Cruelty-free silk is not a vegan fabric since animals are used to make it, however, it's animal-friendly. Unlike traditional silk, silkworms are not killed in the process to make it.
About the texture:
- To our knowledge, the peace silk we source is the only cruelty-free peace silk satin - the first of its kind! Unlike traditional silk with a shiny satin texture, our peace-silk satin has a soft, lightweight texture with a creamy off-white natural sheen.
About the garment production:
- Designed by founder
- Garments made in Kansas City, MO by our contracted and payroll sew team. All sewers earn a living wage and work in an ethical micro-factory.
- Fabric is ethically made by small family farms in rural India
- See individual product pages for individual product details in this set.
- Each garment was individually cut by hand, intentionally and slowly sewn with love and quality and requires many hours of labor. This USA made product is a true testament to slow fashion and ethical garment manufacturing. The only way we can compete with the cheap prices of fast fashion brands and offshore garment manufacturing is through quality production and fair wages to our entire team.
Free cruelty-free silk bag included:
- Every piece from our cruelty-free silk collection comes packed in a cruelty-free silk bag. Bag ties are hand-made from recycled Sari silk and hand-dyed. When the silk fabric is cut and made into Saris, there's always a bit left over. From the fabric waste, the bag ribbons are made by women in cooperatives in India. The makers tear strips of fabric from the sari remnants to create less waste. We left the bag ties raw and unfinished - because imperfection is perfection.
About the sizing:
- First, we'd like to apologize to all of you, our special customers and supporters. This is a brand new collection and fabric for us, and sometimes mistakes happen in production. With this new shorts style, the fit is running about a whole size small. This means, the size run is limited and we aren't able to fit as wide of a size run as we normally offer. We've always promised to offer inclusive sizes and this time, we've failed at that promise. But we do always promise to remain transparent and authentic.
About the garment care:
- This is a washable silk, but we recommend hand washing and hanging to try
- Dryer machines may shrink size of garment 5-10%
- Do not bleach any of our products as bleach breaks the fiber of natural fabrics
- Recommend making a paste with oxi clean and vinegar for stain removal